1. My beloved, our love has become firm by your walking one with me. Together we will share the responsibilities of the home, food and finances. May God bless us with noble children to share. May they live long.
1. This is my commitment to you, my lord. Together we will share the responsibility of the home, food and finances. I promise that I shall discharge all of my share of the responsibilities for the welfare of the family and the children.
2. O my beloved goddess, now you have walked with me, the second step. May God bless you. I will love you and you alone as my wife. I will fill your heart with strength and courage: this is my commitment and my pledge to you. May God protect the household and children.
2. My lord, at all times, I shall fill your heart with courage and strength. In your happiness I shall rejoice. May God bless you and our household.
3. O my beloved goddess, now since you have walked three steps with me, our wealth and prosperity will grow. May God bless us. May we educate our children and may they live long.
3. My lord, I love you with single-minded devotion as my husband. I will treat all other men as my brothers. My devotions to you is pure and you are my joy. This is my commitment and pledge to you.
4. O my beloved goddess, it is a great blessing that you have now walked four steps with me. May God bless you. You have brought auspiciousness and sacredness in my life.
4. O my lord, in all acts of righteousness (Dharma), in material prosperity (Artha), in every form of enjoyment, and in those divine acts such as fire sacrifice, worship and charity, I promise you that I shall participate and I will always be with you.
5. O my beloved goddess, now you have walked five steps with me. May Mahalakshmi make us prosperous. May God bless us.
5. O my lord, I will share both in your joys and sorrows. Your love will make me very happy.
6. O my beloved goddess, by walking six steps with me, you have filled my heart with happiness. May I fill your heart with great joy and peace, time and time again. God bless you.
6. My lord, may God bless you. May I fill your heart with great joy and peace. I promise that I will always be with you.
7. O my beloved goddess, as you have walked the seven steps with me, our love and friendship have become inseparable and firm. We have experienced spiritual union in God. Now you have become completely mine. I offer my total self to you. May our marriage last forever.
7. My lord, by the law of God, and the holy scriptures, I have become your spouse. Whatever promises I gave you I have spoken them with a pure heart. All the angels are witnesses to this fact. I shall never deceive you, nor will I let you down. Forever I shall love you.
Do you have this with a more generic form ? Without the Christian leanings, God (male), angels and scriptures ?
Russell A Harper 2018-01-03
Beautiful enough to bring a tear but to say and mean these heartfelt words would show the kind of committment we all should bring to a marriage
Debb K 2013-10-05
Add a Comment